I first suspected I might be "expecting" when I smelled Sully's spit-up from literally across the room. Also, I cried at something silly on tv (and I NEVER do that). I told Zach and he swore I wasn't. He said there was no way...Ummm...yes, there is a way. Anyway, I ultimately took a test and it was positive. I was a little nervous at first and needless to say SHOCKED! But, we felt very blessed and it didn't take long for me to get excited! (just a few weeks later julie told me she was expecting too, and that made me even more excited)
1/7/12: positive test
1/8/12: 2nd positive test
1/9/12: told Julie and Richey after the Alabama/LSU National Championship game (AL WON!)
1/14/12: started getting "all day" sickness
1/16/12: told my parents
1/17/12: told Brandee at work because I had to ask her for some Zofran because I was so sick. (she was also pregnant)
1/20/12: told Zach's parents, Nannie Simp, and Kristi
1/21/12: first doctor appointment with Dr. Crowe in Birmingham. I wasn't sure how far along I might be so she sent me for an ultrasound. We saw the heartbeat: 147 bpm. My due date: September 6, 2012.
2/17/12: second doctor appointment with Dr. Crowe in B'ham. I had high blood pressure and they couldn't find the heartbeat so I had to have another ultrasound. Thankfully, we saw the heartbeat: 163 bpm. I was also told I had an umbilical hernia and needed to see a surgeon. :(
2/29/12: went to see surgeon (Dr. Kitchens) @ St. Vincents. He said he didn't recommend surgery during pregnancy...so I was relieved!
3/17/12: third doctor visit. I saw Dr. Gunnels in B'ham....heartbeat was in the 150's (he never gives a definite number).
3/28/12: just a little over 16 weeks and I'm feeling the baby move a lot!
3/31/12: 17 wks and 2 days...I took my first belly picture. Why did I wait so long this time?!
4/14/12: fourth doctor visit and gender ultrasound....IT'S A......GIRL!!!!!!!! We could not be any happier!!!!!!!!! Baby girl was breech, weighed 11 oz, and everything looked great!
4/19/12: 20 weeks and I feel baby girl (no name picked out yet) move every day!
*some names I like are: Paisley, Corbyn, Hayes, Channing, Cambridge, and Zayda.
5/2/12: SAW baby kick through belly for the 1st time.
5/12/12: doctor appointment...saw Dr. Edwards for the first time ever...and I LOVE him. He is the kindest, sweetest man doctor EVER! The heartbeat was in the 150s. He also told me I had diastasis recti (splitting of the stomach muscles) which was causing my stomach pain.
5/24/12: 25 weeks and we finally decided on a first name...CORBYN!
6/6/12: doctor appointment with Dr. Crowe in Rainbow City. Had sugar test done and only gained 2 lbs this appointment. I was really afraid it was going to be like 7 or 8 lbs this time. So far, I've only gained 10 lbs. The heartbeat was 145 bpm.
6/8/12: Julie and I measured our bellies...mine was 39 inches. I won't tell what hers was...definitely smaller than mine. :)
6/14/12: 28 weeks and starting to feel miserable.
6/21/12: 29 weeks and had 4D ultrasound. Also saw Dr. Gunnels. The heartbeat was in the 150s. The 4D was great. The tech that did it took a ton of pictures (almost 60)! She was head down and moving all over the place. We also saw her stick her tongue out at us :)
6/30/12: measured my belly again...40 inches around. HUGE!!!
7/3/12: TWIN maternity picture made with Dooley (30 weeks). We had soooo much fun and laughed a lot. Here's a peak at our pictures! (seperate maternity picture post coming soon)
7/5/12: doctor appointment with Dr. Crowe. Heartbeat was 153 bpm. I was measuring 32 weeks...so 1 week ahead.
7/23: doctor appointment with Dr. Snowden. Heartbeat was high 140s - low 150s.
7/28/12: mommy turns the big 30! measured belly: 43 inches...whoa!
8/6/12: doctor appointment with Dr. Snowden. Heartbeat was 151. Had strep B test done.
8/13: doctor appointment in Birminham with Dr. Crow. 1 cm dilated and 60% thinned. My blood pressure was high (150/100) so she sent me to Labor and Delivery to have it monitored. While I was there I was having contractions every 2 minutes. I dilated to a 1.5, but my blood pressure was great since I was lying down and they sent me home.
8/15/12: 36 weeks and 6 days...had been having contractions all day (nothing painful though but very consistent). Contractions kept on during church so I called the hospital to see what they said and they wanted me to go to labor and delivery to get checked out. I was having contractions every 3-4 minutes while I was there. I didn't make any progress while I was there, so they sent me home after 4 hours of being monitored. Zach and I left the hospital at 2:30 in the morning and had to drive all the way home. We were exhausted!
8/22/12: doctor appointment in Rainbow City with Dr. Crowe. My blood pressure was high again (160/100). She said "I think it's time to have this baby before something bad happens." So, she told me to go home and get my stuff and go to Labor and Delivery. (read more about this day in Corbyn's birth story)
SHE'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First Look at the World:
Born August 24, 2010 @ 2:36. Weighing in at 7 lbs 7 ozs and 20 inches long. Hair was dark brown and you had a pretty good bit...which made mommy very happy.
8/28/12: newborn check-up at pediatrician in Gadsden. Saw Dr. Naaji. Weight was 7.3. He said to come back in 1 week for a weight check up.
9/01/12: umbilical cord clip fell off
9/4/12: weight check at Gadsden Pediatrics....weighed 7.8 :)
JUNE 10TH: UPDATE!!!!
Corbyn is almost 22 months old!
Words she can say/use: momma, dada, bite, cup, cookie (kee-kee), phone (mone), delaney (ain-ee), La-La, Anna, Nanna, Nanny, Paw-paw (baw-baw), JuJu, baby, diaper (dipe-dipe), nose, ball, drink (dink), water (wawa), banana (nana), eat, bow,
She loves jewelry and purses but she also loves to wrestle with her daddy and brothers!
She's LOUD and will fight/hit her brother or Grayson or whoever is bothering her!
She's dramatic…starting to pitch some fits! Whew!


No comments:
Post a Comment