Well, it's a bittersweet day for our family. My dad has retired from preaching because of his Meniere's Disease. Meniere's disease makes it very difficult to hear; therefore, making it extremely difficult to preach and carry on conversations with the church congregation. It's sad because all I've ever known is my dad preaching behind the pulpit on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. It's special because all I've ever known is my dad preaching behind the pulpit on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. It's sweet because all I've ever known is my dad preaching behind the pulpit on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. I'm extremely sad about my dad being held capture by this disease. It prevents him from doing a lot of things one might not think about; talking/carrying on conversations with wife, his family, his grandchildren (grandchildren makes me saddest I think), and other people; watching/hearing TV; talking on the phone; hearing the waiter/waitress at a restaurant and being able to respond in the correct manner; singing along with music/piano which is one of his favorite things to do; and many many more things that I probably haven't even thought of. I'm just sad because he's not his "normal" spunky self. I'm happy because things could be much worse, and we have a lot to be thankful for! I know God can heal him if he chooses, but I also know my dad can persevere if God doesn't choose to heal him. I'm trusting in that, otherwise, I don't know how he is sane. There's a lot more I could say…but I'm stopping…almost!
I'm SO thankful our whole family was well and able to attend his "last sermon" on April 27, 2014. I admire my daddy a lot…preaching is just one of the things I admire about him. The list would go on and on and on and on and on…infinity! I love you daddy more than ever!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment