Welcome

Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

First Ice Cream Cone

 My niece, Lauren, just had her 4th birthday party this past Saturday (on the 8th).  At her party, Hudson had his first ice cream and cone.  The "neat freak" in me chose vanilla for him, instead of chocolate.  I had witnessed previous encounters with chocolate ice cream and "almost permanent" stains from one of my other nieces, Lexy.  My sister Julie soaked one of Lexy's brand new outfits for a solid week in oxi-clean and the chocolate never came out completely...what a nightmare!  With that being said...it was an obvious choice for me...vanilla, all the way!  So, Grangie (gran-jee) dipped Hudson some vanilla ice cream in a green cone (green: the color of a John Deere tractor and frogs; therefore, Hudson's favorite color).  I was taking pictures for Beth, so I left my mom in charge of Hudson and his first ice cream and cone.  All I could hear from Hudson was "onna hold it, onna hold it, it's mine, onna do it, and so on and so on.  All I could think about was 'how long before Nanna gave in and gave it to him.'  Well, it wasn't long.  Before I knew it he was holding it and lickin' it up!  It was too cute and not too terribly messy...considering Nanna followed him around with a napkin wiping his mouth and hands in between every lick and slurp!











Here are a few pictures from Princess Lauren's party...she had a princess party and all of her princess friends showed up in full princess attire.  It was such an adorable party and we all had a great time.

Lauren's cake...my best friend Christina made it...how awesome is it?










Lauren was so excited to get "dollars" from Grandmother Roe...it was the "big hit" gift.
 


My beautiful Grandmother

Mom and Sis




No comments: