Welcome

Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sully's Dem Bones 2nd Birthday Party

No, Sully didn't have a Halloween birthday party!  Just a "Dem Bones" party.  For those of you who are confused...there are two videos on You Tube called Dem Bones and The Spooky Skeleton Dance.  Well, ever since back in October, Sully's been obsessed!  There were times he went to bed saying "Dem Bones" and woke up saying "Dem Bones."  To this day, he still gets excited when he sees something that looks like "dem bones" or a skeleton.  Now, I'm not a fan of skeletons (never have been) and for sure not a fan of skull and crossbones...BUT I will say, since Sullivan likes it so much...it has become a little cuter to me.  Sullivan was a skeleton for Halloween and I have to admit, it was hard for me to buy him a skeleton outfit (I wanted him to be something super cute)...but he made it look really cute!  Besides, The Spooky Skeleton Dance has friendly skeletons and that makes it even better.  Sooooo....my bestie, Christina, happened upon some awesome skeleton finds and we just HAD to do a Dem Bones party since we had all the stuff.  The party turned out waaaaay cuter than what I thought it would.  I got most of my ideas from pinterest and my family and friends.  We all know that I'm not very creative...I'm a huge copycat!  :)  Hope you enjoy the pictures!     











My sis-in-law found these at Walmart!  I had to have them for party favor cups.  I can't believe we found skeleton cups in February!  So cute!  Oh and I found skeletons that grow in water at the dollar tree.  Who would've knows that I could find so much skeleton stuff this time of you.  So, if you ever have an "out of season" themed party...you might just find what you are looking for. 




Notice...the skeleton bodies are the kids' names!  I thought they turned out soooo cute!  It took forever to make these...but everyone had a fit over them.  I'm so glad I did this. 




Pinterest project!  I thought they turned out cute...however; they turned out nothing like the perfect piture from Pinterest!


Before you judge these babies...hear me out!  Ok, so I waited until the last minute to try to find black icing...big mistake!  Couldn't fint it!  So, we had to try to make it from red, blue, and green food coloring.  Then we had nothing to squirt out the icing from to make their faces...so we used the end of a toothpick to dab it on.  Needless to say, we got some goooooood laughs!  My mom made the one with the "beard"...we laughed For.Ev.Er about that one!  I'm still laughing!!  Then after all that, Sully called them "snowmans"...Oh well!  At least a few of us knew what they were (supposed to be.) 
 





















A Sully doll for Sully!!!









Here they are doing the "skeleton dance"






Playing "hot hand" with a stuffed skeleton glove...Beth's idea...and they loved it!




















 


No comments: