Welcome

Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April 27th Storms and Tornados

Half of the week was spent at my mom and dad's house.  Most of North Alabama had severe storms with damaging winds and tornados Wednesday (April 27) - ALL DAY!  We lost power Wednesday morning about 6:30 - along with the majority of Northern Alabama.  It was really bad and we didn’t know when to expect to have power again.  So, we decided to head to mom and dad's house because they have extra beds AND a generator!!! :)  My sister and her family decided to as well!  At least we'd keep each other company and have access to t.v., internet, and lights...we really couldn't have asked to have it any better than that.  We were able to watch t.v. (the channels that were on), get on the internet on our laptops, eat hot meals (grilled and fried), take warm showers, and sleep in a comfortable bed.  We also had enough light at night for us to be able to play games, etc.  Honestly, it was like taking a vacation to our parents’ home.  We were and are extremely BLESSED.  So many families have been affected badly.  So many lives have been lost.  This was recorded to be the worst Tornado in history!!!  It truly devastated our state…but the Good Lord remains IN CONTROL of all things, and that is my HOPE.  I give praise and glory to God on High that my family and friends homes and lives were spared.  I don’t like to say “lucky”…I like to say “blessed!”  Our state will get through this and once again be Alabama, the Beautiful.  I didn’t take a lot of pictures but here are a few of “during the storm” except I have no actual storm pictures…you can bet I’m not outside worrying about getting pictures during a storm…I’m somewhere inside keeping myself and my babies as safe as possible. 

Anna came over one day and was a wonderful babysitter!!!

Sullivan rolled over while we were staying at Mom and Dad's...12 weeks exactly

Hudson was obsessed with Poppoo's "flashlights"...I thought he was making good use of his time by reading the news...haha! 

Cool Dude!

Just thought I'd throw this in...this was made Sunday evening...we went out to eat in Atalla to "get away" for a while...we don't take too many twin pictures...but we should definitely take more...I think one of these days we'll be glad we have them.  OH...by the way, believe it or not, we just happen to pack the same shirt and got dressed before we knew what the other was wearing...so we definitely had to take the twin picture...hehe. 

hanging out with Matt

Matt, Peanut, and Hudson

No comments: