This is not from the actual session, just one of the many that I tried to take! Notice...I had to sit him on top of something just so he couldn't run and try to grab my camera! Would you call this a 1/2 smile? I'm not sure!
Other notes from the weekend...
At church Sunday, we had a children's program for Palm Sunday. The kids practice on this program for several weeks. One of the songs they sang was (even though you really won't know how it goes, you'll understand in a minute why I am writing this) "Ho Ho Ho Hosana, Ha Ha Halleujah, He He He Who saved me, I've got the joy of the Lord." It is the sweetest thing. Zach Held Hudson in the santuary so he could see all of his cousins sing, and believe it or not, Hudson picked right up on that song and started singing it. Of course he waited until they finished. He sang "ho ho ho ho, Lor" "he he he he he, Lor"...he sounded like a broken record, but it was the cutest thing. I wonder if he's going to be shy like his mommy and daddy? He even sang this song at Walmart that afternoon. Now, tell me the Lord doesn't fill children's minds with praises for him! I wish I had that on video, because one of these days I'll think "Did he really sing that song?" Yes, Amy, he did.
It was so pretty outside Saturday so after pictures and after a nap, I took Hudson outside. He begs everyday "Amy, I want door" and goes to the door to try to get out. Well, keep trying Hudson, because for now, you're locked in (with those door knob safety thingys...I'm not sure what you call them). Anyway, while outside, he helped daddy sweep the garage, rode on the "tractor" (lawn mower in this case) and helped me clean out my car. Well, he actually didn't do much cleaning. More like twisting, turning, and pulling every knob and button there is in my car. I'll be so glad when we can go outside more often. He's much more of a whiner indoors - what kid isn't?!
One more thing...I know these things aren't funny or as important to some people, but with the way my mind works these days, I'll never remember half of the funny things Hudson does unless I write, or blog, about it. Sunday afternoon, Hudson was running from room to room as usual. We have had to buy the safety door knobs because he can open doors now. We started with the door to outside and the bathroom doors. I left the bathroom door open on accident, and Hudson came running into the den with two toothbrushes, one in each hand, saying "I want teeth, Amy...I want teeth!" In Hudson talk, this means "I want to brush my teeth, Amy!" Yes, he WILL NOT call me mommy...I've tried and tried, trust me. Anyway, quickly, I grabbed the toothbrushes out of his hand! They were my "cleaning brushes" he had gotten from under the sink. Thankfully, he had not yet inserted them into his mouth...they were not wet. There's no telling how many times those have been scrubbed with comet, etc. I tried explain to him that those were mommy's cleaning brushes and that he could only use his toothbrush which is in the kitchen these days. Do you think he understood? No, why would I tell and 18 month old that a toothbrush is used for anything other than brushing teeth!!! I mean, c'mon. Note to self: "MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS, NO MATTER WHAT, CLOSE THE BATHROOM DOOR!"
No comments:
Post a Comment