I never meant for it to be this long, but it's a funny story anyway! Enjoy!
This morning was the first day back to work after a short spring break. I dropped Hudson off at Kristi's and he cried for me. It broke my heart to have to leave him after being with him for a whole week at home. As I walked down the hallway and headed toward the door, all I could hear was his pitiful cry and "Amy" "Amy" "Amy." Yes, that's right...he has been calling me Amy. Even though it wasn't the "mommy" that I love to hear, it still made me very sad. Those are the moments that make me want to quit work and stay at home with my baby. We all know that's not possible at this time. As stated by my husband "None of us 'WANT' to work, but we HAVE to. Yes, I know it's true. When I got off of work, I headed straight to Kristi's to get Hduson. He and I went straight home for some "togetherness" time. He said many new sentences this afternoon. What? I'm gone for 7 hours and he learns 3+ new words. That's crazy! Some things he said this afternoon that amazed me: "I need water (with a very strong "r" sound)...yep, not "wa wa" but water. He also said "I need poo poo" and "I need tee tee." So, okay, I tried sitting him on the potty to give it a try. I bet you can guess what happened next...nothing! It was fun trying anyway. I put his diaper back on and left his pants off. After a few minutes, he came up to me and said "I cold, I need pants" and patted his leg. It was the sweetest thing, just hearing my baby boy communicate that well. He even went to my bedroom, where he knew I left his pants. Later, we headed to Wal-Mart and all throughout the shopping trip, he never stopped talking, singing, making noises, etc. He tickles me to death. The funniest thing was when he started loudly saying "quack quack, duck...tweet, tweet, bird, bird..mmmmoooooooo, cow." He changed his voices to make the animal sounds. I just thought "how precious, that he is thinking of those animals and the sounds they make." I was laughing, I'm sure looking very silly to others around me not knowing exactly what I was laughing at. Oh well! We also bought his first potty. It was a green frog...it was so cute, and since Hudson loves frogs, we had to get it. He wouldn't let it sit in the buggy for a while; he had to hold it. So, here we go with a big frog potty in the front of the buggy with him down the aisle. Oh, the things you do for your baby (that I used to would never think about doing). Funny how babies change our lives so much, but in an awesome way. The day ended with a "bass" (bath) in Mommy's big tub for Hudson. He loves the big tub...I wonder why?! Being a mommy rocks!!!
2 comments:
Welcome to the blog world, little Cousin! This makes me want to get back on my blogging again. Keep up the writing...it's therapeutic!!!
so cute! he sounds like he's an absolute doll!
Post a Comment