The time has come to make the move. To move Hudson into a Big Boy Bed, that is. Why does this make me so sad. We have the perfect bed. One of my Maw-Maw's old white iron beds, that I used to sleep in all the time when I'd spend the night with her. It is so special to me, so I'm very proud to give it to Hudson. Zach and I thought we'd better make the move before baby Sullivan gets here. I was really nervous about how it'd go. We'd heard horror stories of making "the move." My dad refinished the bed to make it look "new, but still old and antique-ish. We bought a new mattress set and searched Alabama and other states over (literally) to track down the comforter set that I wanted for his new, big boy bed. I found "the one" at Target...but they didn't have the full size set. I thought I'd be able to call the Huntsville Target and find it...boy, was I wrong. I was in LOVE with this comforter set. It was actually a quilt and was exactly the look I had been trying to find online for months. I was bound and determined to track one down. I called every Target store within 100 miles. I got one of my cousins to look in Tennessee at several Target stores and had just contacted another cousin to get her to look in Kentucky. FINALLY, I tracked one down in Alabaster...and guess what??? Another cousin of mine lives there!!! YAY! I had to call her and ask her to go to the store to pick it up for me. She was my hero. Such an ordeal for a quilt. Oh well, I was happy and satisfied and just knew Hudson would love it as much as me. Now, you ask...how did he do?
Absolutely perfect. The first night we put him to bed, he cried for about 10 minutes...slept all night...and called for us the next morning to come get him out of his bed. The 2nd night, he didn't cry at all, and waited the next morning for us to get him out of his bed. I couldn't believe it was going so well. I thought surely he'd figure out that he could crawl down off the bed himself and be up every morning before me. NOPE! To this day, he still stays in his bed calls for Zach or me to get him. We couldn't ask for anything more than that! He really is SUCH a BIG BOY! I'm so very proud of him.
This was one of the last nights he slept in his crib. Just a few nights before we officially moved him out of the baby bed and into his big boy bed. :( So sad for me!
This was his first look at his big boy bed after it was moved and set up in his room.
He loved the car pillow.
Hangin' out on his new bed
Looks happy about sleeping in his big boy bed for the first time
No comments:
Post a Comment