Welcome

Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Newbies

It seems like every afternoon when I pick Hudson up from Nanny's house he is saying about 5 new words.   The following are some recently learned words/sentences/phrases :) 

"Choc", wanna see tractor, I "hungy" - hungry, wanna hold it, high-chair, wanna ride tractor, cake-cake (this one was actually a couple of weeks ago), it's good, "mank" - spank, cute, swing, "san-ich" - sandwich (after eating a PB&J sandwich...he started saying it over and over and when asked what it was he would say "sanich"...lol

This afternoon, when we walked in the door, Hudson saw a pan of brownies and said "on't choc"...so I knew he was thinking of chocolate

He also told me "Amy, wanna ride tractor" and I said "No, we can't right now" and he later said "Amy, wanna see tractor"...he is seriously obsessed with tractors!!

Hudson walked up to me and said "on't chair, on't chair" pointing to it.  I said "why do you want to sit in your chair?"  He gave me the sweetest look and said "I hungy"...it was so sweet to hear him tell me that he was hungry...I had never heard him say "hungy" - hungry

Last night, I spanked Hudson on his leg because he threw his pj's in the floor ( i know it doesn't seem like a good reason to spank him but you weren't in the situation) and he looked at Zach and said "Amy mank"...he was telling on me!!  How do kids know how to do that??  After that, I laughed because it was just too darn funny.  I mean, who couldn't laugh at that?

Tonight, after church, Zach was eating and he was sharing a bite with Hudson.  Hudson said "wanna hold it"...and would not eat it unless he could hold it.   

Nanny took Hudson shopping today and they were looking at some shoes and Nanny said that Hudson said "it's cute, it's cute."  Do you think she bought the shoes.  YES!  She didn't know he knew what "cute" meant......I said "well, who do you think he hears say that a lot?"  Me, of course! 


The other night, Hudson was in our bedroom with Zach.  Zach said all of a sudden Hudson started saying "it's good, it's good, it's good" over and over.  He looked over and somehow had grabbed a chocolate crisp bunny off of the dresser and had broken it in half and was gobbling it up.  I guess he knows what's good and what's not.  Too funny, that boy!

No comments: