It's been almost 2 weeks since we started potty training. Hudson is doing a fantastic job. I didn't mention in the first post about potty training that YES, we BRIBE!! Who says it's wrong? Well, I don't really care what the professionals say about it, IT WORKS. For us anyway! We bribe him with gummy life savers (which are his favorite) and jelly beans (because we just happen to have those in the house too). Hudson has had just a few tiny accidents, but I realize now that's just part of the "training" process. He hasn't had a poopy accident in quite some time now. The first week it was the opposite: no pee pee accidents; now we only have pee pee accidents. It's so funny when Hudson tells us he needs to "poo poo". He usually comes up and says with a big grin (because he knows how proud we're going to be of him and that we're gonna hoop and holler for him :) ) "I need to poot." Yes, I said "poot." Too funny right? I don't know where he got that from because Zach and I always say "poo poo." Anyway, it's so funny. The other funny thing he says is "here I go" when he's actually doing the deed. It's really funny if you hear how he says it in person, but don't worry, I'm not gonna get the video out for that one. The first time he said it I burst into laughter. How do kids come up with the funniest things? I will officially say HUDSON IS POTTY TRAINED and I don't think we'll have to purchase anymore size 5 diapers for a while. Pull-ups, yes. We'll get those for night time until I know he won't wet the bed every night. I've already had to wash his sheets (several times), mattress cover, and new comforter. We had to replace his comforter with a quilt that my Maw-Maw made. He didn't mind. We told him it was Maw-Maw Chaffin's and he loved it. The next night he even begged for us to leave it on his bed when we tried to put his other comforter on. I didn't argue with that. I mean he is already sleeping in my Maw-Maw's bed that I inherited, so why not put one of her quilts on it :) I loved it anyway, and HAD to take a picture. So, for now, I'm good with him wearing his big boy underwear during the day time and a pull-up at night.

His favorite bribe!
Another bribe!
Maw-Maw Chaffin's quilt
No comments:
Post a Comment