Welcome

Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sullivan 8 Weeks

I cannot believe my baby is 8 weeks and almost 2 months old.  We go to the doctor in a few days for his 2 month check up.  I'm anxious to see how much he weighs and how long he is now.  He is so big.  He's definitely outgrown a lot of his clothes.  We're kind of in between winter and spring clothes and it's hard to dress him for his size according to the weather.  He's very alert now during the day (still sleeps several hours) and he's grinning a LOT more.  His precious smile melts my heart everytime.  He loves for Hudson to talk to him.  Hudson has been a very good big brother.  Hudson really isn't jealous at all.  He is very protective of Sullivan and doesn't like to see him cry.  It makes Hudson sad.  Sullivan is holding his head up pretty well now and he'll turn to look at a familiar voice.  He still eats 4 ounces during the day and here lately has been spitting up quite a bit.  I look forward to asking the doctor about that to see if he has any recommendations to cut down on that.  His nighttime bottle is 5-5.5 ounces with cereal which is usually between 11:00 p.m. and 12:30 a.m.  He sleeps approximately 6 hours after his first night feeding.  It makes a long night for mommy, but I'm so glad he's sleeping longer afterwards.  Week 8, Sullivan has been very congested and coughing a little.  We've been running the humidifier and rubbing baby Vick's vapor rub on the bottom of his feet at night.  This seems to help a little.  I hate seeing my baby have a runny nose and unable to breathe well.  It makes me so sad to see him sick at such a young age.  Other than that, Sullivan is doing wonderfully and is an awesome baby.











1 comment:

Mrs. Mayas' Kindergarten said...

I think he looks a lot like Hudson when he was a baby! :) So cute!