Day 1: March 22nd @ 7:00, First pair of BBU (big boy underwear), no accidents and went to potty 1 time. (who could have an accident at almost bedtime? hehe :)
Day 2: March 23rd, put on BBU first thing after waking up, only wore a pull up at naptime, 3 accidents (1 poopoo...YUCKY, and 2 pee-pee's). I had been asking him all day "Hudson, do you need to go to the potty?" His response: "no fanks mommy." Okay, so I wasn't going to force him...and he was so polite and cute. I was in the kitchen and he came waddling in "mommy, I pee-pee. It has a hole in it" pointing to his underwear. I bent down and said "No Hudson, it doesn't have a hole, it's not a diaper and it won't catch your pee-pee." I thought that was so funny. Kristi warned me that he would probably pee-pee in the floor. I wasn't looking forward to that, but knew it was bound to happen. Anyway, I didn't get upset. I just asked him to show me where it was. He said "No, mommy! I'm scared." I think he was afraid he would get in trouble. I explained that he wasn't going to get in trouble, but that I needed to clean it up. So, he showed me and I cleaned it up after I changed him. I was ready to give up yet. So I put some more BBU on him and went through the same steps: me asking, etc. It wasn't until later that night that he pooped in his BBU, and I honestly think when he did that, the pee-pee just came out. Still, I didn't get upset, I just cleaned him up, and Zach took the underwear to clean it. I have SUCH an awesome husband. No more accidents that night. We put a diaper on him at night. Hudson didn't like that...he wanted to wear his underwear. But we told him that he wouldn't be awake to tell us when to go...and he said "okay mommy and daddy" and let us put the diaper on him. He seemed to understand!
Day 3: March 24th, 2accidents: 1 poopoo, 1 pee-pee. I will make this short. He had done so good. He even stayed with his Nanny and he she let him nap in his underwear and he didn't have an accident. That night, he had a poopie accident and at the same time pee-peed...I was not happy, neither was Zach. Still, we explained to him that he could not do that and cleaned him up. Otherwise, he had pee-peed in the potty all day.
Day 4: March 25th, 2 accidents: 1 poopoo and 1 pee-pee. Hudson had been pee-peeing in the potty all day and had been doing so good...until he had to poop. Again, I think he just accidentally pee-peed when he pooped. I was beginning to think if I'd be cleaning up poop everday and wonder how long it would last. Needless to say, I had to throw that pair of underwear away! I wasn't even gonna begin to try to clean those. I won't go into detail :) This time, I was getting upset about him pooping in his underwear. I told him if he did it again, he was going to get a spanking. Whether you agree or disagree...this is what Zach and I chose to do because we feel that he knows when he needs to go. When he awoke from him nap, I took off his pull-up and I put his BBU back on. I'm not as brave as Nanny. So here's how our following conversation went...
Me: Hudson, what is going to happen if you poopoo in your underwear?
Hudson: I gonna get a spankin'.
Me: We don't want that to happen now do we?
Hudson: No, that will be dangerous!
HaHaHaHa...I'm still laughing at that one!
Day 5: March 26th, accidents: 1 poo poo and pee pee at the same time. Enough said! Uuugghhhh! I'm so tired of cleaning up poop out of BBU.
Day 6: March 27th, accidents: ZERO! Hudson pee peed and POOPED in the potty today!!!!! I've never been so happy to see poop in the toilet! Yay Hudson! I THINK I CAN SEE THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!!
Day 7: March 28th, NO accidents!!! He actually came to me this morning and said "I need to go to the potty!"...He pee-peed and got off...then a second later, he said "mommy, I need to poo-poo!" He did it! I was SO proud of him. I was so glad he actually came to me and told me instead of my having to ask him a million times. He did so good the rest of the day.
So, It's been 7 days. I happen to think that's pretty good. Even though at the beginning I felt like it was hopeless. I don't want to speak too soon...but I THINK Hudson may be officially potty trained!!! I'll post an update soon!
2 comments:
OMG! These pictures are PRECIOUS!!! I am so glad you posted this whole process. It brought back such great memories of my big babies when they were training - time flies, but you NEVER forget those precious times. What a sweetie!
Amy,
What a sweet, sweet post! In a few years, I will bet that Hudson will not be so happy about this particular on. In MANY year, however, he will treasure it!
Great writing...so very entertaining!
Love you, lil cousin!
Post a Comment