Welcome

Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You see? It's Grandmother Roe!

Hudson and I were reading books today and one of our favorites is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle.  Hudson can name all the animals and colors in the book...except he did call the 'sheep' and 'wamb (lamb)' and he called the purple cat a pink cat...it's really close. :)  I was reading the pages but letting Hudson name all of the animals and their colors We got to the page that has the "teacher" on it and he happily said "it's Grandmother Roe"....I couldn't help but get tickled and it made my heart smile!  I said "yes, baby...that can be Grandmother Roe" and I certainly didn't correct him.  This is a simple moment that I didn't want to ever forget (so i'm blogging about it).  When Zach got home from work, I grabbed the book off of Hudson's bed and told him to tell daddy who it was...again, Hudson replied "it's Grandmother Roe."  Zach smiled and said "yes, that does look like Grandmother Roe."  It was one of the sweetest things out of Hudson's mouth!  So, here she is...Grandmother Roe...(note: she's more beautiful in person!!!)


okay, so she's WAAAAAY more beautiful in person!  :)