Welcome

Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cereal or Nap Nanny?

Last night was Sullivan's first night to sleep 5 straight hours...from 11:15-4:15.  When he started grunting around 4:15, I woke up and looked at the clock as I usually do.  When I realized what time it was, I quickly leaned over to listen for his breathing.  He was still breathing, thank the Good Lord, and I was soooo happy that he had made it 5 straight hours.  When Zach fed him at 11:15, the night before, he had mixed 1.5 scoops of rice cereal in his bottle.  Before we had only done 1/2 a scoop and 1 scoop.  Sullivan had drank every drop and went sound asleep.  When I put him to bed, I put him in a Nap Nanny.  I borrowed it from my sweet friend Jamie.  I had heard great things about this Nap Nanny and she was gracious enough to let me borrow it.  I had asked her about it days before to see how her son, Bryson liked it.  For a couple of weeks now, I had been wondering if Sullivan couldn't breathe well when we laid him down flat to sleep.  He always sounded congested and he grunted and made A LOT of noises when sleeping flat on his back  He just never seemed to get fully settled and sound asleep when we weren't holding him.  I know you say "he's just spoiled" and that may be part of the reason...but really I felt like there was something else.  The pediatrician heard him breathing like this at his 1 month check up, and she called the noises "baby nose"...I had never heard that before.  She also didn't seem concerned a bit, so I didn't ask her anything other questions about it.  Anyway, Sullivan slept in the Nap Nanny (http://www.napnanny.com/) and slept "like a baby!"  He also didn't make hardly any grunting sounds when I put him in it.  So......was it the rice cereal OR the Nap Nanny that made the difference??  Or was it a combination of both?  Whatever it was, I'm trying it again tonight...hoping for 6 hours...but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.  I will take whatever uninterrupted sleep I can get...that is when Zach isn't snoring...haha.  He'll kill me when he reads this!





1 comment:

Mrs. Mayas' Kindergarten said...

He looks so sweet! That is exactly how Bryson would sleep in the it. He never would lay straight in it he always had to be sideways! :)