Welcome

Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Did He Really Just Say That???

I'll try to make this short and to the point...yeah right!  This is one of those posts about something funny Hudson said.  This morning I was icing the cinnamon rolls that just came out of the oven.  Hudson was in a chair at the table messing with stuff.  I asked him nicely to get down and go to his seat because I almost had his "cin roll" (as Hudson calls it) ready.  Well, he didn't get down.  So, I walked over and got him down myself.  I asked him once again to get up into his seat.  Then I walked back to the oven.  This is how the rest of our conversation went.   

Hudson:  "Ew (this is how he says 'you') crappy mommy!" 

Mommy:  I thought "did he really just say what I think he said?"  I turned and looked at him and said "what did you say?". 

Hudson:  with a very calm voice, "ew crappy mommy." 

Mommy:  I thought again...yes, I believe he said what I thought he said.  I walked over to him and bent down and said, in a more firm tone, (and I'm thinking my face looked a little scary to him too) "what did you say?" 

Hudson:  (pause) "ew craf-kee mommy." 

Mommy:  Thought once again...okay, so he either didn't say "crappy" or he's just super smart and changed the word in fear of getting in trouble!  So, I calmed down (just a little), and said to him "tell mommy one more time what you said." 

Hudson:  in a rather loud and angry voice..."I SAY, EW CRAPPY MOMMY!"...also pointing his finger at me this time.

Mommy:  (wanting to laugh out loud in his face) walked back to the oven and said "where did you hear that Hudson?  That's not very nice."

Hudson:  (silence)

Mommy:  "Hudson, who did you hear say that?"

Hudson:  "ew say it mommy"

Mommy:  (thinking)  oh, man!  I have GOT to quit saying that!

So, I'm ashamed that my 2 year old said the word "crappy" and even more ashamed he actually knew how to use it in context.  You know, I really don't think I say that word that much...especially around him.  But, I guess I said it one time too many.  OH...and I couldn't help but laugh a little out loud with my back turned to him...and a LOT on the inside!!!

No comments: