Welcome

Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Peppermint Sticks - THANKS dad!

This is just a funny story I wanted to document.  Hudson usually doesn't get out of his bed in the mornings when he wakes up.  He usually calls and waits for me (or Zach) to come get him out, which has been a blessing.  On this particular morning, Hudson had climbed out of his bed and walked himself into the living room.  I was still in bed, but heard his little footprints walking through the house.  I was so tired but tried hard to listen and figure out what he was doing.  He was awfully quiet.  A couple of minutes later, I dragged myself out of bed and stumbled into the living room.  Hudson was sitting on the couch.  At first I said "good morning baby, what are you doing?"  He said "Mommy, I just have peppermints? (in a question like voice)."  I said "no, baby you have to eat breakfast first."  He said "Mommy, I just already ate two peppermint sticks."  I immediately remembered my dad bringing Hudson 3 peppermint sticks (the soft kind) the night before.  He had already ate one that night and Poppoo promised Hudson he could have the others the next day.  Hudson took the promise to heart and helped himself as soon as he woke up. Still, I went and looked for the bag where I had put them the night before hoping that he really hadn't ate both of them.  Yep, they were gone...and Hudson was crunching up the last bite.  No wonder he was so quiet!!  I mean, wouldn't you be quiet too, if you wanted to eat TWO peppermint sticks before your mommy woke up and caught you???  Smart little fella...and fast too!  I know what you are thinking..."Hudson really like peppermint sticks?"  Yes, he does...he takes after his Poppoo and Nanny Simp (who also give him peppermint balls).  THANKS A LOT DAD!  :)

These pictures are of the night before...not that morning.  He had already eaten the evidence that morning before I had the change to take pictures. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's hilarious! Sneaky!